Download the driver, please refer to the relevant article to download it.
Install the driver by double-clicking the files with the following order:
or you can install them from Linux Terminal:
sudo dpkg -i libcnbj-2.6_0-1_i386.deb
sudo dpkg -i bjfilter-2.6_1-1_i386.deb
sudo dpkg -i pstocanonbj_3.3-1_i386.deb
Configure the Printer with CUPS:
1. Open your web browser and type this addrees to the address bar http://127.0.0.1:631 or http://localhost:631.
2. Connect printer to computer, turn it on, and click “Add Printer”.
3. Fill the form (see the screenshot) and click “Continue”.
4. Choose “Canon iP1700 USB #1 (Canon iP1700)” and click “Continue”.
5. Choose “Canon iP2200 Ver.2.60 (en)” in “Model:” and click “Add Printer”.
6. You’ll be asked for User Name and Password. Type the User Name and Password when you install (K)Ubuntu and click “OK”.
7. You’ll see your Printer Option. Configure as you wish and then click “Printers”.
8. You’ll see Printers page. Click “Print Test Page” to see if your printer is working.
9. For iP1600, replace any “iP1700″ in this page with “iP1600″.
Thanks to: Arzanulhaq’s blog